Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tayler

Here is a quick update on what's going on with Tayler:
Thanks all of you for your concern for my brother, Tayler. As you may know, the attempt yesterday to repair his atrial-septal heart defect with an occlusive device was unsuccessful, and he underwent open-heart surgery today. The surgery went great, he is recovering well, and as far as the doctors can tell, there is no leakage through the patch they put over the hole in his heart. He was awake and (somewhat) alert this evening and able to sit up in a chair for a while. The recovery time for the type of surgery he had can be 6-8 weeks.
The many prayers offered in his behalf (and our family's) have been much- appreciated. Tayler and my family truly consider it a blessing that his condition was discovered when it was. Tayler is still planning on serving a full- time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

11 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

We are all so happy for Tayler and your family, Rochelle, that they caught this when they did and that he was able to have such good doctors who took care of it so quickly. We send our love to all of you and especially to Tayler, who I'm sure will be an outstanding missionary!

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW! Thanks for the update. I hope you and your family are doing well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your cute little family. Prayers will be said in your behalf.

Scott and Danielle said...

Wow! I didn't know this was going on. Glad he is doing well.

Ashley said...

I'm sooo glad things turned out well. I hope his recovery is smooth too.

rhondas view said...

thanks for updating us- your brother has been on my mind quite a bit, having my taylor just ahead of him in all of this... anyway- i'm thrilled tho hear that your sweet brother is doing well and that the surgeons performed the surgery to his best benefit. here's to youth, the miracle that he already is...and a happy future!

Jessi said...

That's so scary! It's amazing the blessings the Lord sends, even when they don't come in the way we expected! I'm so glad things are progressing well!

Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...

And I promise I didn't comment that many times... My computer decided to freak out. :0)

Dani said...

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope that his recovery is quick. He will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!