Monday, March 16, 2009

Bag of Bags!

I have had a request to post pictures of some of the bags I have made as my next crafty blog post. So here they are. I will just warn you- I have kind of an obsession with bags in general, and I like to make lots of them. So there may be many more bag pictures posted in the future.
Each of these bags really are a "bag of bags". This may sound like overkill, but I crocheted these bags out of "yarn" made of plastic shopping bags, which I cut into strips. They look a little uneven in areas because A) I didn't really know what I was doing, and B) when I switched between different colors of bags, the thickness of my "yarn" changed, and the tension changed too. If I do any more of these bags, I will have a better idea about the width to cut the strips, and the tension I should use to get a better, more even looking bag. On the front of the white bag you will notice that I attached a pom-pom, also made out of a grocery bag, to add decoration :).




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Those are amazing Rochelle! You need to start an online business and have a website like the ones you always go to. Such patience :-)!

BJ said...

You really do have a talent for this stuff dear.

Ashley said...

What a cool idea!!

Ashley said...

Oh, have you ever checked out etsy.com? You can sell handmade stuff there. You should look into it, with all of your cute crafty creations!