Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Paper Silhouettes

Here is a fun, quick, and easy project to do if you need/ want some more art in your home, nursery, office, or wherever.
You need a side profile picture of your subject. Print out the picture (I just did mine on regular printer paper), and trace the outline of the profile onto tracing paper, or if you're like me, and don't keep tracing paper in stock, use tissue paper, or something similar. Tracing with the picture on the window may help you see the outline better because the light will shine through the paper a bit. Tape or staple the outsides of your tracing onto a sheet of black paper and cut both out with sharp scissors. Trim up a bit, and mount the silhouette on some fun paper before framing, and voila! Easy as pie!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

What a neat idea. I should try that.

Jamie and Justin said...

how did you get him to sit still for so long?

Yo... said...

I do so love his hair! hahahahahahahaha
Heidi

rochelle said...

Ya, fun hair, huh? He always wants to look at me when I get out the camera, so it took me about 10 or so tries to get a good picture, but my camera is also very slow.

Tonia said...

I love this! I have done it with all my boys. Gabe is so cute! I really like how you matted it, it looks great!

Jessi said...

That's awesome!!