Monday, March 09, 2009

Prayer Puppets


I made these puppets with the intent of using them for my 3-4 year-old Primary class at church. I am always looking for fun things to catch their interest and help them focus. The puppets were easy to make (just cutting out the felt, hand sewing the body pieces together, and hot gluing the other parts onto the body). Here's the poem that goes with the puppets:

The bunny hops up in the air.
Please tell him, “Shhh … it’s time for prayer.”

The small mouse squeaks behind the stair.
Please tell him, “Shhh … It’s time for prayer.”

The young duck quacks without a care.
Please tell him, “Shhh … it’s time for prayer.”

The template for the puppets as well as the poem is found on the following website: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=4a5f48bf641ab010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tonia said...

So Cute! I loved having things like that for my primary class when I was teaching. They are a must to keep their attention!

Cindymom said...

It made me happy that you chose to make the same finger puppets and found the poem that I made when you were a little girl! You know first hand, they help--once as a child and now as a Mother and teacher! Too cool!