Monday, March 09, 2009

Paper boxes

So recently I mentioned that I had been doing all sorts of "crafts". I have really enjoyed working on and learning about different crafty things, including origami, sewing, hot gluing (:D), crocheting, etc. I am still trying new things. I will occasionally post pictures of what I have been doing, but I want to make a disclaimer: I am really just trying most of these things out, they are not professional looking or anything. It's for fun and personal enjoyment, as well as gift giving. That said, I will try to post links to where I found pictures or tutorials of how to do the different projects, for any who may be interested.
One afternoon I sat down and folded several paper boxes. You can do it the "real" origami way, by only folding, or you can "cheat" and make cuts on the paper with scissors, which is how I did it, because... I wanted to.

 

These boxes are relatively simple to make, I just made them again with my young nieces last night and they did a great job.
 

If you want to make some yourself, check out this great tutorial on the Etsy blog:

No comments: