Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Block Quilt

I actually finished this quilt about 2 weeks ago... For Valentine's Day, I gave BJ a card and a coupon for me to make or sew him whatever he wanted (within reason). He decided he wanted a lap blanket type quilt we could use while watching movies or whatever. We decided on a simple block quilt, with no patchwork or anything more time-intensive this time. BJ picked out the fabric (with a little input from me) and arranged the blocks in the pattern he wanted. He helped cut the blocks and also with tying the quilt at the end. (The idea was that it would be a fun project for us to work on together. I don't think he thought it was all that fun, but we both enjoyed the time we spent together working on it.) We had purchased some twin- sized batting that we were just going to cut down to the dimensions BJ wanted, but we discovered that by folding the batting in half, we got a size that was pretty close to what BJ had originally wanted (actually a little bigger) and a really fluffy, warm quilt.
So it was a month after Valentine's Day by the time it was completely finished, but I think it was worth the wait!

5 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

It's beautiful, Rochelle! I'm sure it will get a lot of use too. I love the color of your new furniture. We will have to come and see soon!

nora.lakehurst said...

It is beautiful. WOW I need to get myself a sewing machine so I can make cute stuff like this. How fun. And anything you do together is great.

Ammieloris said...

That's beautiful! I love how it is both bright and matchy for your couch. :) I have been wanting to get into quilting for a long time. This is another inspiration.

Yo... said...

Very cool. :) Quilting is fun.
Heidi

Ashley said...

That is beautiful!