Friday, April 03, 2009

Family Visit

We had a great week last week with my family who came and stayed with us for spring break. It was ironic that the weather was so nice right up until the day they got here, when it turned freezing cold, and then was nice the day after they left! But we had fun all the same. We visited with my grandma and some aunts, uncles, and cousins, from both sides of the family who we enjoyed seeing again. We (the girls) did some shopping, and the boys played racquetball. We played lots of games, and watched some movies. My parents, Tayler, Richard & Marissa, and BJ & I also made it to the Provo Temple. One afternoon we went to the BYU Museum of Art to see the exhibits, mainly the Walter Wick Eye Spy exhibit. If you haven't seen it yet, you should (I believe it will be up until August). It was so fun. He had many of his photographs- some were Eye Spy, some were optical illusions, etc. They also had displayed some of the models he and his team put together to create the setting for his photographs. It is a really worthwhile thing to go see if you haven't yet and you are in the area. Gabe was teething through much of the visit, but he was a trooper and did his best to be happy (I'm sure it helped that he received constant adoration the whole time). My mom took a funny series of pictures of him that I will see if I can post (Called "Gabriel's Shoes"). My mom also cut almost everyone's hair while she was here! She is so talented. She even did Cara's and my precision cuts (I went a bit shorter- I guess after I initially cut it for Locks of Love, my fear of having short hair just disappeared and I just went all out. Well, to a degree!). We didn't get to do much outside, but we did enjoy just visiting and enjoying each others company. Woohoo for family visits!

5 comments:

Yo... said...

The nose, the nose! It's the nose! The new great way to play "I've got your nose." :) :)
Heidi

Tammy said...

love your hair cut!!

Cindymom said...

Yes,our trip was awesome. We loved every second of it. We look at the web album of Gabe about everyday! He's ADORABLE. So are you!

Just to clarify--Dad sent the pictures from my account, but he is the one who took the pictures and made the funny caption/story to go with it. He's very creative too! (And cute)

Dad, Quin said...

Great times. Thanks for hosting us all Rochelle and BJ. I enjoyed every minute.

Amazing Quotes said...

great familyyyyy
have a nice life for ever