Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Placemat bag

So, I'm a little bit in love with bags of all sorts. I buy bags, and I make bags. I have bags full of bags. It's kind of an addiction. Probably not healthy. But they make me happy! Here is a bag I made a while back. Actually, I probably made at least 5 or 6 similarly designed bags, but was not smart enough to take pictures of them before I gave them away. I heard a couple years ago that you could make a cute purse out of a placemat, and I was intrigued. I'm sure there is a pattern on the web, but it didn't occur to me to look at the time I started making them, so I just kind of winged it, with some interesting results at first. Eventually I found something that worked and looked good to me. This bag went to one of my nieces for her birthday.




PS- I just googled "placemat purses" and came up with a bunch of pictures and tutorials. So there you have it. If you want to make one, do a search! (I could post my own instructions, but why reinvent the wheel?)

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

I have made a couple of those. They are fun easy and way cute. Oh and talk about inexpensive. Go you and your creativeness.

Mustang Suzie said...

The little girls love your bags!