Monday, April 20, 2009

Clothing Reconstruction

Since highschool, I have had a love and fascination with clothing reconstruction. I often tweak little thinks (nothing really drastic) on clothes I buy, to make them fit better or improve the look. So when I saw an idea on the web to make kids pants out of T-shirts, I thought of this old sweater I had in my sewing drawer that BJ didn't want any more. I thought it was just the thing to use. After I made the pants, I saw what remained of the sweater and thought I could easily turn it into a mini-sweater for baby! The neck was a problem- way too big for a small head, so I added the button with an interesting result. Anyway, I realized that this was actually the first thing I have made for Gabe. I think I'll definitely be making more stuff that way.

 

 

 

 


I love recycling!



9 comments:

Cindymom said...

Your so thrifty, provident, creative, and clever! I love the pictures, but I want to see the finished product too! Are there 4 missing pictures? Great idea!

rochelle said...

Yes, the last 4 pictures didn't initially post correctly, but they should be there now.

Cindymom said...

Now those are some cute clothes-on a cute baby boy! Way to go!

Scott and Danielle said...

You are SO creative! One day I'm going to have to come to you and get all of your ideas. Love it!

Ashley said...

I can't get over how cute he looks in that! It also looks incredibly soft and comfy!

Cami said...

I can;t believe you can do that! I NEVER would have thought of that! I am so amazed! You are very talented.

rhondas view said...

so completely clever rochelle! you are the new martha stewart!!! :)

Cara Cae said...

I LOVE that cute little outfit! its adorable richellie! make me one k? haha jk its cute though

Wrangler Ron said...

Wow, what a great idea. Ya gotta love it. And Gabe is look'in real good in his new clothes.
Love ya.