Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Baby Legs

A recent trend of the last few years have been "Baby Legs". They cover your baby's legs (obviously), keeping them warm and protecting their knees while crawling, and are especially handy if you like to keep your baby in onesies and not have to deal with snapping pants up every time you change their diaper. You can order them on the internet for about $12 a pair or... make your own! I bought a pack of 3 tube socks for $4.00ish from Target and so each pair cost me less than $1.50, and 10-20 minutes each (because I didn't want to follow the directions, and I ended up sewing things backwards like 3 times. Silly me.) You could probably do it for cheaper if you found a sale. Also, the socks I bought were no ordinary tube socks- they were womens above- the- knee socks (don't tell Gabe), so they will fit him for a long time.





Here is the tutorial I looked at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyhopes/sets/72157594274454468/

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Great idea!

BJ said...

I have to say... it does make changing diapers much easier.

Ashley said...

Adorable! I like the stripey ones.

rhondas view said...

i love that you find joy and an 'out' from sewing and crafting. i did too once a moon ago... your projects are cute too!