Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

I've been meaning to post these pictures we took of Gabe on Easter. BJ actually took about 200 pictures, but these are some of my favorites. There are a couple that I think look so much like pictures of BJ when he was a baby. Like father, like son.

 

 

 

 



For Easter, after church, we ended up having my sister Marissa and her husband Richard, and his sister Diana over for dinner. We ate ham, rolls, veggies, mashed potatoes, salad, jello, and a yummy apple crisp that Marissa made from a recipe on Allrecipes.com I think. We enjoyed the company, and we also enjoyed watching The Testaments again, which is a video depicting events in Christ's life, his atonement, resurrection, and appearance to the people in the ancient Americas. We felt it was very fitting for Easter with its message of faith and hope in Jesus Christ.
I am indeed grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ which makes it possible for us to return to Him, and especially because He understands us. He understands our sorrows and pains, and thus knows how to comfort us if we let Him. I know this is true; I have felt that comfort in my own life.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

awww Gabe is adorable! Love the outfit! And the hair!

Mustang Suzie said...

He is such a cute and happy boy! I can't believe how fast he is evolving from the baby look to the little boy look. Glad you had a wonderful day.

I love the "Testaments" film. Hard to get through without getting emotional. Enjoyed this post, Rochelle.

Cindymom said...

Oh what a precious child! I love the Easter outfit! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are providing such a wonderful home for my grandson to grow up in! It just warms my heart!

Jessi said...

I love the hair! He's adorable!!

Ashley said...

I love the first picture, and I love his little teeth!

BJ said...

Gabe is such a joy. I love his smile. I love his laugh. I love to watch his face when he decides something is funny. There is nothing more genuine than a babies emotions. He makes us so happy.