Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I made it!

Well I made it.  It was an incredibly long trip... but I'm here.  I'm using Dave's computer right now at the office.  He went home to take a nap.  He was up all night programming.  I should be tired, I haven't slept much in the last couple of days, but I couldn't sleep anymore this morning.  I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night at the house, and I slept something like 6 hours on the plane.  But I survived, and am at last here.  I haven't seen much yet... I haven't tried any Indian food yet... but I think I'll get my first real meal here within the hour.  Wish me luck!  ;-)  The people at the office are very nice.  It sounds like they intend to take good care of me.  I think they were expecting me to have a lot to say when I got here... but I've been fairly quiet, and am not certain of what to say to them.  It will be interesting.  I really need to talk to Dave before I start giving out any orders or anything like that.  I'm not a boss... but then again, I don't really know what I am.  So all I can really say is, "Hi, I'm BJ."  And then I become quiet.  ;-)  Dave's house is nice.  I'll be staying there for the next week or so.  At which point, I'll be moving to another house that is closer to eco tech.  I haven't seen it yet.  It's warm here.  In the office it is 92 degrees.  But there are lots of fans blowing, so it is ok.  But it is supposed to get warmer too.  This is only May.  eek. 
Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will need to catch up on your sleep. It probably hasn't hit you yet. So Dave is a night owl and sleeps during the day. Is that his regular routine? I'm happy that it sounds like you will be looked after. Maybe you can get around some and not just work. How old are the people at the office?

rochelle said...

I'm so glad you made it safe... Let me know how the food goes... I love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it! Keep up informed! Love ya! Dani

Anonymous said...

Chicken korma, garlic and coriander naan bread, saffron rice, and meat samosas! with whatever vegetables are available and won't kill you... Mmmm. Indian food is good, as long as you get the mild things. Rogan josh... not such a good idea...