Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Rochelle

It's time for my monthly post here on the blog, and I would just like to devote this particular blog to my wonderful wife. Rochelle has been a blessing to me ever since I've first met her. Rochelle's birthday has special significance to us as well because it was also the day on which we became engaged. And I can honestly say that every year has been my happiest year yet. As this time of year comes around, and as we celebrate Rochelle's birthday, our engagement, and our anniversary, I think back to our first summer together. I say "together" but really, we didn't spend much time physically together that summer, but rather we spent a lot of time talking to each other on the phone, and sending emails back and forth. We got to know each other from a distance that summer. I remember that I had a hard time saying goodbye as we talked on the phone. At times I knew that it was time to go, but I just couldn't bring myself to saying goodbye or hanging up the phone until I was certain I had heard the "click" on the other end. That feeling has never gone away for me. Even now, as I leave work at the end of the day, I will often call Rochelle just to talk to her for the 15 minutes until I get home. Rochelle has always had a way of making me feel at home in her presence. She is a peace loving person, with a desire to please and help those around her. I am very grateful for Rochelle, and I love her more every day.

It's never easy for me to find voice for my feelings for those who are close to me, but it is especially so for Rochelle. Let me just say that I am grateful that God has sent this angel to be with me.

Happy Birthday Rochelle.

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I am so happy that you and Rochelle found each other too! We enjoy our time with the two of you immensely. Thank you both for being so good to me and Dad. We love you!

Dad, Quin said...

Glad we could help!

Ashley said...

So sweet. Happy Birthday, Rochelle!

rochelle said...

Thanks sweetheart. I love you too.