Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back in the thick of things

We are back from a fun but quick trip to Oregon. My parents were kind enough to fly us out to see The Music Man performance which my mom directed the music for and my siblings at home performed in. While this musical is not necessarily my favorite musical, I enjoyed watching it immensely. The cast did a great job with their acting, singing, and dancing, and watching it in the outdoor theater was really enjoyable, despite the heat and humidity. (Man, I thought I would be enjoying 70-80* F weather in Oregon, not the 100+ damp degrees we suffered through if we walked outside!) Anyway, BJ took some photos that turned out really well. I am going to ask him to post them. He actually needs to post several sets of pictures he has taken recently.
Gabe did really well on the airplane both times, and he warmed right up to his grandparents, aunts and uncle. We enjoyed celebrating Gabe's and my birthdays, and visiting in general. We look forward to going back next month!
Now we are back in the middle of work. Luckily, we have been able to fit some fun things in this week. Last night we had a couple in our ward over to play games. Tonight after Gabe is in bed I will go to my yoga class at the church (fun for me, not so much for BJ). Tomorrow night is BJ's company party/BBQ up at the reservoir.
Next week promises to be just as exciting as I kick it off at a defensive driving class! (Just kidding. I'm not too excited about that. It is a requirement for all the county employees.) Anyway, pictures to come soon. Promise.

1 comment:

Mustang Suzie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I thought about you in the heat when I heard what the temps were there! I imagine it was hard for the performers too.

We have had rain, rain, rain up here! And you are right--you just keep on going which is what we did :-). Looking forward to seeing the three on you. It seems like we've been gone a long time!