Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Today is World Hello Day

Hello!
I am done with school for the week (kind of). I am grateful for the break; it has been a pretty intense couple of weeks. As I previously mentioned, I have been going up to LDS Hospital to watch surgeries, and last week I watched some interesting surgeries, mostly orthopedic surgeries. I have also had about 4 papers due recently, and a midterm as well. Needless to say, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.
Many of you have written your "thankful" lists, which I think is a great idea. I would like to add a few things of my own.

I am thankful for a church that teaches us about Good News, a Plan of Happiness, and the many tender mercies and everlasting love of our Lord. I am thankful for my Savior, and for a living prophet. I am thankful that families can be together forever.

I am grateful for family. All my family- the family I was born into and the family I married into. They are all wonderful, and I am so grateful to have many of them so near. It is great to have my sister living just up the road, and many in BJ's family living only a few minutes away. All the members of our families that are not as close as we like are missed, thought about, and prayed for.

I am thankful for my (and BJ's) grandparents. I appreciate the wisdom of their years and experience that is much greater than my own. I appreciate the sacrifices that they made for their families and for their country.

I feel so blessed to have a kind, patient, fun, and handsome husband! He is a hard worker and a very creative and smart guy. He makes me very happy, and I love him very much.

I am grateful for the opportunities that I have. I realize that BJ's and my situation (school, other responsibilities) is a great blessing, although it seems difficult sometimes. I don't know if I can fully appreciate living in a time and place where women getting a college education is possible, but it is something that has great worth to me. I am thankful for my job, and for BJ's job. Things have worked out for us just when we thought there was no way we could do it on our own.

I am grateful for the world we live in today. Our lives are so much easier than our grandparents' lives, and I take that for granted sometimes. I am grateful to live in a free country, where I can make my own choices. I am grateful for modern conveniences! I'm thankful for email, cell phones, blogs, and airplanes that connect families!

I am grateful for the many beautiful surrounding me. I am grateful to have blue sky and fluffy clouds in November, and mountains with a little snow :) on them. I am grateful for the holidays coming up, and for the wonderful things that we celebrate.

Well, I know I can't possibly write everything I am thankful for, but these things especially have been drifting around in my head for the last couple days. Love to all.

2 comments:

Utah Dancer said...

Beautiful blog, Rochelle. We love you too!

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed your list rochelle- thanks for writing it!