Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good Tidings to You

Well, this week has been a good week. At work, I have been doing more IT stuff than I have programming. We've bought a bunch of new computers and have been doing what we can to set them up and get everything in order. The business is growing from a small business to a medium business and so the computer infrastructure needs to do the same. I enjoy what I do, but I must admit, I know very little about it. I can only hope I'm doing everything correctly. Rochelle has been VERY busy this week.
She had a paper due on Tuesday that she underestimated and ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning. I tried to stay up with her, but sacked out around 2. She was up another hour before she went to bed. And then she had to get up bright and early in the morning. She only got three hours of sleep. But she got up and went to class and did her assignments, and even went to institute (which we do for our calling) without a word of complaint. I on the other hand got just a little more sleep than she did, and grumbled about everything. ;-) She is just now catching up on her sleep. I came home and found her awake, but dead tired, and told her to take a nap. She didn't fight that to hard. I'm supposed to wake her up in a bit and then we are going to go running. I don't know how she does it. I just know that I couldn't. She's not alone, I know. Many of you reading this are probably thinking you wouldn't mind taking a nap right now. I don't blame you. My hat's off to each of you. --Please don't mind the messy hair.
On another note--you Taylor family members... it's coming up on Christmas time, and Rochelle and I are wondering what Christmas activities you all would like to be involved in. Here are our ideas, and you can tell me what you think.

Rochelle's family traditionally has a night where everyone gets together and sings Christmas music together. There's a bit of a "talent show" for them, but that isn't necessary if we don't want to do that. The point of it all for them is to simply enjoy the Holiday music together. Would you all be interested?

We were also thinking that it might be fun to go up to temple square the day after Thanksgiving when they turn on the lights for the first time. I think we are planning on going, but if any of you would like to join, I think the more the merrier.

We are also thinking that for all of you who have little ones and need some time to shop or just get away for a bit, Rochelle and I would be happy to come over and tend the kids for an evening to allow you to do that (one family at a time of course). We've been thinking about some fun Christmas activities that we could do with the kids while we are there. If you would like that, the offer is on the table.

I think those are the ideas that we have discussed thus far. I'm sure more are to come. And most of them have come from Rochelle. Hope you all have a good evening!
Love ya!
BJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess we need to talk about all the Christmas stuff together. We have been doing it separately with everyone. When will we see you next? Rochelle, you are a hard worker and we are proud of how dedicated you are. See you both soon.
Mom