Friday, October 24, 2008

On outings, updates, and pasta

I wasn't able to post this past week due to sickness in our home, but we're definitely on the mend now, all feeling much better. Here's a quick update on some of the things we've done:
We did have a nice weekend trip to Park City, which we enjoyed, as well as a little outing to Vivian Park- the weather was beautiful. I will include some pictures from that. We also enjoyed having my brother Tayler come visit us two weeks ago for the weekend. I have continued to work two afternoons a week seeing patients at the county clinic. Work has gotten steadily better for me as I receive more training, get more experience, and become more comfortable doing it all in Spanish. I really like the people I work with, which is an added bonus. Gabriel has become interested in playing in his baby gym, wanting to sit up ALL the time (with help), smiling and laughing (especially if you laugh at him), playing pat-a-cake, and sucking on his fingers all the time. He is NOT interested in laying on his tummy to play, drinking from a bottle (although we are working on this one, and hopefully he will take it a little bit easier for his wonderful sitters!), or sleeping through the night. :( BJ has been busy as usual at work, but he takes time to help cook, take out the garbage, and do other chores around the house to help me out- he is also awesome at getting Gabe to fall asleep at night and calming him when he is upset.



I meant to make a post this week from the Holidays for Everyday site (which is now one of the links included on my blog- scroll down on the right side). It is National Pasta Month. So, in honor of that, I am going to post one of my very favorite pasta recipes, that I never make because BJ makes it sooooooooo good- why would I want to change such a great thing? Anyway, he made it for me for the first time on Valentine's Day a few years ago, and several times since (and he just bought the ingredients to make it again this weekend- Yes!). It is from a Gooseberry Patch "Meals in Minutes" cookbook that we love. It is tasty as well as pretty to look at once it is made. Here it is!

Chicken Primavera

1. 1 onion, chopped
2. 1 c. sliced mushrooms
3. 1 green pepper, chopped
4. 2 Tbsp. butter
5. 1 to 2 c. Italian salad dressing, divided
6. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
7. 1 tomato, chopped
8. 16 oz. pkg. angel hair pasta, cooked

Instructions:
Saute onion, mushrooms and green pepper in butter with 2 tablespoons dressing until vegetables are tender; reduce heat. Add chicken and tomato; heat until thoroughly warmed. Add to pasta and stir in remaining dressing (to taste). Serve warm. Serves 4-6.

YUM!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm looks like a delicious dinner, I'm going to have to try that! And as always, I'm loving the pictures! Cute family :)

Tammy said...

Aww Gabe is a cute little baby! I love the smiling pictures you have of him! Sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little family! :)

Mustang Suzie said...

I love the pictures--and especially the extreme closeup of Gabe! So funny!! It's nice to keep up with everyone's goings on. Thanks for sharing. And the recipe does look very good. We'll let you make it for us sometime :-)!

Cami said...

I really like that picture of gabriel sticking his little foot up!!!

Ashley said...

Gabe is so cute! I like his close-up!

Dani said...

Cute pictures of little Gabe! I need to see my cute nephew, so we need to get together sometime! My babies also never really liked tummy time, bottles or sleeping at night. It must be in their genes! The recipe looks really good... I am always ready to try a new pasta dish. Thanks for sharing it!

Cindymom said...

Cara says, definitely make this dish because she has had it. YUM. Thanks for the recipe. I loved the pictures-Gabe is so adorable, and Rochelle you are looking GREAT! It's good to see you TOO! BJ and Gabe by the water, mmhmm handsome--what a good looking family!
I like pictures-these updates make living so far away much easier.

Jessi said...

I really think there's nothing better than laughing, smiling baby! So adorable!

Utah Dancer said...

cute photos! He is so cute. And thanks for the pasta dish, we will have to try it out. Or maybe have BJ come and make it for us--I mean if he is already going to...why not?!

Rochelle, I think you are amazing. Not only are you learning a new job but in your 2nd language. I am working with a young lady right now in my class who is ESL and I know it can be so tough! So here is a big pat on the back for all you are doing!