Friday, October 03, 2008

Holidays For Everyday... a blogging mini- series! Part 2

See previous post for background on "Holidays for Everyday" and a great website resource. I'm on a roll with food; here is a recipe in celebration of "National Cookie Month"!

Last week my sister Marissa came to my house and brought with her some cookie dough she had made. We baked the dough, and I enjoyed the best home-made cookies I have had in a long time! I asked her for the recipe, and she said that she just used the recipe from the JIF peanut butter canister. Here is the awesome recipe:

Irresistable JIF Peanut Butter Cookies
¾ cup Creamy PB
½ cup Crisco All- vegetable shortening
1- ¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 TBSP milk
1 TBSP vanilla
1 egg
1- ¾ cups All- purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda

1. Heat oven to 375*F. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine PB, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at med. speed with mixer until well- blended. Add egg and beat just until blended.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
4. Bake at 375*F for 7-8 min. or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then move to foil to cool completely.

Marissa actually used crunchy PB, and although I’m not usually a fan, I really liked it in this recipe. She also put in chocolate chips- a girl after my own heart. Seriously the best PB (and choc. chip!) cookies ever! I think I’m going to make them again tonight!

Also, in response to the request for more pictures of Gabe, I will make sure to post more photos as we take them. I actually have some that were taken last week and a couple from this week and today. Here they are:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's looking so alert and chipper! Cute little fellow, that one.

Mustang Suzie said...

Thanks for all the fun information. Actually, I would love to make some of those cookies as peanut butter are probably my favorites. As for the pix, they are adorable. He is a very cute and fun baby. I love it when you all post photos!

Cindymom said...

What a cutie pie, better than pizza pie! Thanks for taking a picture of Gabe in his Halloween pj's!

Dad, Quin said...

I'd love to try the cookies but I would rather kiss those chubby little cheeks. I can't wait to squeeze and tickle and tweek and hug that cutie.

Dad, Quin said...

Oh ya, don't forget. Its Picture-o-Gabe-a-day month.

Dani said...

Love the pics of Gabe! What a cutie! I also wanted to tell you guys THANK YOU!! Dinner was wonderful and a huge help to me. I really can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness! You guys are the best!

BJ said...

I think Gabe wants more cookies tonight. Whadaya say?