Wednesday, September 27, 2006

One very tired BJ and Rochelle

This week thus far has been a doozie. On Monday, I worked for 10 hours. On Tuesday I worked for 16 hours, and today, 7. I'm still recovering from yesterday. Rochelle on the other hand has had to deal with my absence. And now that my schedule is going back to normal, she gets to go to the hospital tomorrow for 12 and a half hours. We decided that this probably wasn't the best way to spend my birthday, and so we are going to celebrate on Friday instead. That way, we can have a little more time together, and a little more flexibility to do what we want. One thing about working for a web site company is that when they decide to update their online software, they nearly always need to do large updates at night when the least amount of people are using it. Therefore, we stay up quite late to work on it. I worked until 2 am, while some of my collegues stayed up until 4 and 6. Quite the day. I do alright staying up late. I can work well into the night, but doing so works on me for the next couple of days. Rochelle stayed up late last night waiting for me and so she is tired too. However we were able to sleep in this morning which was nice.

Conference is coming up. This is the traditional time for Rochelle and I to go take pictures of the fall leaves. It is a beautiful season. I love how the mountains turn red. And if you watch the sunset in the evening, the mountians look like they are on fire. Rochelle's red hair does well in pictures with those surroundings. Her coloring fits right in. I think Saturday or Sunday we are going to go do that. I'm not sure which day, but at would be fun. I think Mom and Dad are taking me out to lunch on Saturday for my birthday so it may be Sunday that we go. Or maybe we'll just have to go on Monday. We'll see.
BJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try again just to see if this works. Love your website; enjoy your blog! Home evening was fun last night. Maybe we should try for one a month.
Mom