Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm Ba-aack!


What a week! Where to begin?! I'll start with last Saturday... It all started out with me going to my Professional Rescuer CRP/AED class, which is required yearly for nursing students. BJ called me and said he was going to go test drive a car. To make a long story short, when I finished my class, we went and... bought the car! For those of you who haven't seen it, here is the picture of our new car! We decided not to get a Yaris... helped along by the complete lack of Yaris' to be had... and we got its cousin, the Scion xA. A similar car, but it has 4 doors, and looks a little different. But it still has good gas mileage, and it has a manual transmission. I had a manual in highschool, so I knew how to drive it, and BJ has had a little experience driving one (he learned on my car, on our honeymoon, and he had driven a few other people's cars) but in his own words, "I'm still learning!" Ha ha...! Actually he is improving really quickly. BJ's favorite thing about our new car is that it has "really cool" cupholder illumination. There are about 5 different colors, and there is a blue lamp that lights up the floor. As far as I can tell, there is no useful purpose for these features, but BJ insists that it is awesome, and I can't really disagree.
I had my first clinical at UVRMC this week. It was an 8-hour shift instead of the 12-hour shift it will be starting next week! Mostly we were just supposed to shaddow our nurse, but I got to help do/ watch some cool things. I decided I am going to have to find some more comfortable shoes if I dont want my feet to be in a world of pain after 5 hours.
The rest of my classes are (for the most part) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I have a few other classes throughout the week, including the aerobics class I am taking with Marissa! I am really enjoying it. They give you a great cardio workout. At the end of class, if you are working it hard enough, you can hardly lift your arms. It's awesome, and most people work out really hard because everyone else can see them, and no one wants to look like a slacker!
Next week we are excited to celebrate BJ's birthday! You can ask him how old he is going to be! ;) Or maybe you should ask me, because he asks me too! We'll have to let you know how that goes/ what we decide to do. I can't write too much right now, because he will read this!
Today's just a normal Saturday- grocery shopping, filling up the tanks, cleaning, laundry, etc. Marissa has been kept pretty busy these last couple of days. She has already worked at 2 banquets, and she is putting in about 10 hours today at one of the banquets at the football game. Luckily, it has warmed up a bit from yesterday, although I don't know if she has to spend too much time outside.
Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, and we'll update soon!

No comments: