Thursday, September 07, 2006

BJ is gwaduated

This was written to a few friends and family on the day I graduated, August 8th:

Hey All,
Some of you I just saw today, others of you I haven't heard from in a
while. I hope you are all doing well, and I thought I'd just drop a
note to let you know that today I graduated. Hurray! …Applause…
Thank you, thank you. Now I hope I didn't startle any of you too
much, but yes, it seems that I finally got there. I graduated in
Sociology with no official minor, but a slew of computer science
classes under my belt. (Computer Science doesn't offer any minors.)
Now where to from here? Well, for now, I go to work. I recently got
a new job with Property Solutions, as their one and only Quality
Assurance Engineer. Really, I can kinda have any title I want, and so
I have also thought of Director of Quality Assurance, or
Vice-President of Quality Assurance, but really I'm just directing
myself for now, so the titles are just that… titles. I started with
them two weeks ago, and I'm enjoying my time there. They are a new
business, less than 20 people, but they seem to be constantly hiring
so they seem to be growing right now. In a few years, when the time
is right, I will head back to school to get an MBA so I can have
another title under my belt. They like to have students with
experience, and so it really isn't feasible to go now. Kirk and Andy
(brothers in law) both recently graduated from the MBA, and Ryan
(brother) did it years ago with his law degree. I'm starting to feel
left out. Rochelle is continuing in her nursing school. She has one
semester down and 4 to go (or 2 years). She will be a fantastic
nurse. She is currently TAing for a class, and helping teachers do
research.
Anyways, we have a new web page up… and it IS new. Incomplete and
unfinished, but still worthy of your browsing I hope. Please visit it
at http://somedayhappened.net Inside you will find pictures and a
blog, both of which will be updated soon. For those who would like to
log in, just send us an email, and we will send you an email that will
let you create your own account. Currently logging in allows you to
add recipes to the recipe page, and potentially see family birthdays
when the page is working right (also soon to be redone). We hope to
be expanding the web page soon with my new found free time, so check
back from time to time, and feel free to drop us a line.
Take care all,
BJ

No comments: