Sunday, August 13, 2006

Moving on

Well, it has been a while since I have posted. Rochelle does well in keeping ya'all up to date in our lives. I guess the biggest thing I have to write on is the fact that I am graduating this week, and that I got a new job last week. As momentous of an occasion this is, I really don't feel like it is that special. To be honest, I am rather embarrassed that I haven't graduated already. But I guess I was just enjoying my education... maybe a little too much. I think part of the reason I stayed in school so long was because I was determined to get married, and not so determined to graduate for a long time. And when I did (finally) get married, I finally looked at my schooling, and determined that it was time for me to be done. I have been going to school for the last 2 years straight. I am a wee bit tired. Ready for a break. So what am I going to do with my new found liberty? I haven't quite decided yet. I think there are a few things I'd like to do. I never really developed my piano playing skills like I'd like to. I've had one year of piano lessons, after which I quit because I didn't like it. But when I got into 8th or 9th grade, I started wishing that I knew a little bit more than I did. And so I went back to my old piano books, and taught myself how to play. I can play a little now. I'd like to be able to really play though. But I know that will take a fair bit of practice. I might be up for that. We'll see. I'd also like to give more time to my photography. I'm getting a new digital SLR camera, and am anxious to start learning the differences between film and digital, and how they affect the photos you take. I've taken a fair amount of photos for other people, and I love doing it. I have mostly done it charging nothing more than cost to those who ask me to take their picture, and I'm content to continue that way. I enjoy doing that service for friends. A few people have truly been grateful when they got their pictures. I'd take that kind of payment any day over dollars and cents. I like serving people in a meaningful way. It gives me "warm fuzzies". Another thing I might be working on is a little software program that creates ward directories. I have created one already, but I think it could use some major reworking so that it is a little easier to run. That could take some serious time too. Also our web page needs some updating. I have lots that I'd like to do that way. Oh, another thing I want to work on it cooking/baking. I love to make food. Largely because I love to eat it, but also because it is something that I can do for Rochelle. I'd like to start cooking and baking more. I really know very little about baking, especially breads. I'd like to do more. I think we will get a bread machine, so that will be a little less difficult, but all the same, there are lots of food recopies that I'd like to try. I'm hoping that I can make our recipe web site a little more useful for ourselves. I've also got a lot of reading that I'd like to do. Rochelle has a stack of books that she would like me to read, and I have another stack that I'd like to read.

Anyways, that's enough about that. I started my new job on Monday, and I really like the people who work there. They all seem to be very nice. They are very much a small company in every sense of the word. Things seem to be changing rapidly, and the CEO works in programming right along with a bunch of other developers. Everyone seems to be quite bright. They have a talented bunch of people working for them. I think I'll like working there. It should be fun.

Well, our home teachers should be here shortly, so I better be getting off of here. Have a good Sunday all.

~BJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok you win. I won't bug you about getting paid for your pics anymore. By the way, when you make that bread, send a loaf this way. Love you!

Candice

Anonymous said...

Ah, life. It goes on and on... water flowing in a constant stream... sounds like you guys are really making things happen, though! Good on ya. I do have one thing to say... I think the section of pictures on your website entitled "BJ and Rochelle" should be retitled "BJ Loves Rochelle, but has put about 3 pics of himself in here as well." :-D And I can't believe you still have that awful picture of me in your portfolio! LOL. Maybe someday I'll have a couple of photography jobs for you to take on...