Thursday, November 05, 2009

Halloween

This Halloween was kind of fun, because we got to dress Gabe up and he kinda liked it! As I was making his costume, I would periodically try it on him to see how it fit and what alterations I needed to make. Gabe really seemed to like wearing it, and he even cried a couple of times when I took the costume off him to keep working on it. I'm not sure how much he understood of what was going on, but he loved looking at himself in the mirror in his costume and saying "fff-fff-fff" (woof woof). He was also pretty fascinated that people would put things in his trick or treat bag. He got to take a couple bites of his first candy bar, which he thought was pretty amazing, judging from the faces and sounds he made while eating it. We took Gabe to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat party and to BJ's office to trick or treat at all the cubicles. It was fun because everyone was dressed up- some pretty elaborately- and Gabe was somewhat bewildered by it. He did get the hang of picking up candy and putting it in his bag. We dressed him up again on Halloween night although we did not take him outside. We had Marissa and Richard over along with some other friends, Max and Rebecca, to carve pumpkins, eat treats, and watch Ghostbusters. Anyway, we thought Gabe was the cutest little puppy ever to trot (ok, so we tend to be a little biased in these things), so here are some pictures.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Cutest little puppy I've ever seen! I love the painted nose and eye :)

Angie Page said...

What a cute costume. I should have known you'd make it yourself. It looks great!

Cindymom said...

Definitely the cutest puppy to ever trot. NO DOUBT about it. What a great costume Rochelle! You are da bomb!

Jessi said...

That is so dang cute!!

Ashley said...

Look at that little button nose! Great job on making such an adorable costume!

(The "fff-fff-fff" cracks me up! How cute.)

Mustang Suzie said...

Awwww I love it! What a cute little puppy! So sorry I couldn't see him in person. Looks like you guys had a very fun time. I love his costume, Rochelle. I think it's wonderful that you took the time to make it for him. Give him a big hug and kiss for me. See you soon!