Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am so excited for Christmas!!!!

I have been listening to Christmas music all week. And loving it. It has helped me get into the spirit of Christmas as I make highly secret Christmas gifts. :D My family has a tradition of drawing names for Christmas where the giver is to put together a gift for the receiver preferably using their talents or catering to the talents of the receiver. There isn't a rule against spending money per se, but it must be a "gift of the heart". Anyway, I drew Marissa this year, so I have been busy (and having lots of fun) making *something* for her. Planning and working on gifts for others makes the Christmas season so exciting! Marissa and I are also working on a super secret Christmas project together. It is going to be so exciting to give! I can't say what it is or who it is for, but we are really excited about how it is turning out so far! I will definitely be posting pictures after Christmas!
I am a little stumped on what I could make for the men & boys (old and young) in my life. I am not opposed to spending money, but I am really having fun making stuff. The requirements are that it has to be useful and not junky. No trinkets. I have a few ideas, but none that are particularly striking my fancy at the moment. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Jessi said...

So, I firmly believe that Christmas music is legitimate as soon as Halloween is over. No shame. Most of my family would disagree with me... but who cares! I just love Christmas that much! :0)

Catherine said...

Wow, I haven't even thought about Christmas gifts yet! I am so behind.
I am not very crafty, but I do enjoy browsing various etsy shops, I'm sure you could get some fun ideas there!

Dani said...

Hey guys. I have been horrible at blogging lately and that includes reading anyone else's too. I'm glad that I ventured over here today because I was able to catch up on you guys! I love reading what little Gabe is doing and I truly admire all of the creativity that you have Rochelle! I wish I had even an ounce of it. Fun stuff. BJ, I enjoyed reading about your birthday, and just wanted to say that I don't care how long your post is... I would read it! Love you guys!

Ashley said...

I am guilty of listening to Christmas music way before Christmas too. I love it!