Monday, November 09, 2009

16 Months Old




Cute boy! Gabe is at such a fun age. He is very mobile, getting into everything. He is very aware of what is going on around him. He knows when we are getting ready to leave, and he makes sure you know that he wants to come along! He has been very affectionate lately. As he runs around playing with toys, he runs back to me every few minutes to hug and/or kiss me if I'm sitting on the floor, or lay his head on my knee if I'm on the couch. He does the actions to the "Eensy Weensy Spider" song, as well as "Open, Shut Them". He still doesn't say "Mama" or "Dada" (except for sometimes he signs them) but he says something that sounds a LOT like "Jesus" when he points to a picture of Jesus, which is always accompanied by big smiles. Gabriel likes to talk on the phone, whether he's just pretending, or Grandma or Grandpa or someone else is talking to him. He usually doesn't say anything back, just grins from ear to ear. I have seen Gabe "reading" books upside down several times this past week or two, pointing to words and pictures, and babbling. He has had a bad cold and cough since about Halloween that he is just starting to get over. He has been such a trouper, a really happy boy despite not feeling well. The most interesting things in our house to Gabe right now are the window blinds, the amplifier for the speakers in our living room, and the toilet paper dispensers, plus anything else that is dangerous, messy, or off limits. We keep the TV area gated off right now, as well as the entrance to the kitchen, which Gabe is not really a fan of. The toilet paper dispensers in our bathrooms also have no toilet paper on them currently, since if it is in reach, it will end up all over the bathroom floor. Haha. We have been reaching new levels of babyproofing as Gabe gets more curious and mobile. I'm sure it will only continue as he gets taller, learns to climb, open cabinets, etc. Today I saw something silvery glinting in his hand as he was running around, and after initially dismissing it, I decided I had better check it out. It was BJ's wedding ring! That could have had a sad/frustrating/confusing ending. I don't know why he decided to go pick that up, but I had to laugh out loud when I saw what it was. Good thing he didn't swallow it. Gabe has been trying hard to use a fork and spoon lately. Usually I help him, but he really likes feeding himself. Since he has had ALL of his teeth for a few months now, he eats pretty much everything we eat, with a few exceptions. Gabriel continues to be in general a happy, energetic boy who loves to laugh, and I love it! Now if only I can have enough energy to keep up with him!

5 comments:

Anna said...

oh rochelle he is so cute,i can't wait till christmas!

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love how loving he is, Gabe is such a sweet little boy.

Mustang Suzie said...

I really miss him! Between him being sick and me being sick, we haven't seen much of him at all lately. We'll have to fix that. Looks like he's learning new things so fast!

Tammy said...

Wow he has ALL his teeth! Awesome! Maddie still only has about half. What a cute little boy you guys have!