Friday, October 30, 2009

Craft Day

Marissa and I have been getting together about once a week to do a crafty-homey type thing. This project was the result of Marissa wanting to make something in the "home decor" department. We thought letter blocks were cute, but didn't have any wooden blocks. We ended up downloading a paper folding box template and making our non-cubical cubes out of cardboard. (Not recommended, for time management purposes) Then we covered them in paper- black and white scrapbook paper on one set, and brown craft paper on the other. It's all held together with generous amounts of Mod Podge. I love the contrast of the red letters on the black and white. I used wrapping paper to make the letters on the Christmas block set. We traced around enlarged letters from a font we liked on the computer so the letters would match (I don't consider myself an artist in that department at all). Anyway, despite being fairly time consuming (mostly assembling all the little boxes) we had fun putting this project together.

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

You are always coming up with fun ideas--and this is especially fun being done with your sister! I'm sure you both enjoyed this very much.

alise said...

I saw this and thought of you http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Make_Maternity_Jeans_Using_Regular_Jeans_an/

rochelle said...

oooh, I went and looked at that link, and I'm definitely going to have to try it.