Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sweater Love

I love sweaters, but I always have a few that aren't "quite right". It's easy to give many sweaters a style makeover to make them more wearable.
I had fun experimenting with turning pull-over sweaters into cardigan-style sweaters.




My sister and I added some interest to a boring, plain sweater just by sewing on some ribbon and a few buttons. Sorry, I forgot to take "before" pictures of the next couple!


Similarly, this sweater wasn't working for Marissa because the sleeves were an awkward length- too long for 3/4 sleeves, too short for long sleeves. So we decided to go short!

I have a few other ideas for sweater refashioning, which I have yet to try. If they work out, maybe I will post more pictures.

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Fun and impressive! You do make good use of time :-) and are very creative!

Scott and Danielle said...

You are amazing. i am always so impressed.

Anna said...

i love it you guys you are so amazing i love looking at all your crafts you do maybe when you come for christmas we can do so that will be fun and now i can comment on you r stuff because i have a gmail finally !

Ammieloris said...

These are great! Each sweater is so beautiful... Thanks for sharing!