Thursday, August 13, 2009

Man's Shirt to Woman's Shirt Tutorial

Here is my own take on the man's shirt to woman's shirt refashion that has been going around the online sewing/ crafting community lately. There are quite a few different styles out there. Clothing refashioning really appeals to me, especially pattern-less refashioning.
After some hesitation, I decided to share pictures I took along the way with commentary, tutorial- style. I am a little nervous to share; this is the first tutorial I have ever written for something that I made up. If there is anything that is unclear, please let me know and I will try to clarify.
Click on the album below if you would like to be able to see the instructions. They were too long to include in the slideshow here, but you can see them in the album itself. I appreciate any feedback on whether this format is useful for a tutorial, if anyone tries it.

13 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Wow! You are so talented! I am so proud to say I know you. Holy cow. Just amazing. And it looks adorable on you.

Mustang Suzie said...

I agree! I'm always so impressed with what you come up with. Very cute and I love how Gabe helps :-).

Tammy said...

cute shirt! You are amazing!

Unknown said...

mrs. brantley would be so proud! ;)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you whipped that up. I would totally buy that from a store! I don't sew (wish did), but your instructions seemed clear!

Unknown said...

My sister, you're gooooood. I'm really impressed, actually. you definitely have a talent. I'm excited to try this with you when we're back in provo!!!

Scott and Danielle said...

I am SO impressed! I want to do this too! Wow.

Ashley said...

Hmm, looking back on it, my comment seems weird. I didn't mean that I would rather buy a the shirt from a store than make it, but that if I saw what you made for sale somewhere, I would totally buy it! Anyway, good job, haha.

Catherine said...

Rochelle, that is really cute! You are making me want to buy a sewing machine!

Jessi said...

That's seriously amazing! I don't think I could EVER do that!!

Anonymous said...

We have a couch cover. Could you turn it into a hot air balloon for us? Actually we want a pleated skirt. Anyway, I'm writing because I can't add your blog to Google Reader for some reason. Any ideas?

Pricilla said...

Wow Rochelle, that is amazing. Its like magic! I would love to see more of your inventive ideas.

Dani said...

So cool! You never cease to impress Rochelle!