Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy 5 Year Anniversary!

I would certainly be remiss if I did not mention that BJ and I just celebrated our 5th Anniversary. At the risk of sounding a little mushy, these past five years have been the happiest of my life, and I consider myself blessed to be married to such a fun, kind, witty, patient, cool, talented, smart guy. We have had so many wonderful times, and I still get excited thinking about what our future holds.
So last week we headed out to Oregon to stay with my family for a while. We went swimming (one of Gabe's favorite things to do), hiking to Multnomah Falls, BJ took Cara's senior pictures, and we went to the Portland LDS Temple where we were married. On our Anniversary, BJ and I left Gabe with my family and we drove out to the coast. We honeymooned at Cannon Beach after we were married, and decided we would go back on our 5th anniversary. This time we stayed at a cute, oddly-shaped Bed and Breakfast right on the Oceanfront in Seaside. We had a really nice time, eating at Camp 18 (a really cool restaurant on Highway 26) like we did on our first trip to the beach together, right before we got engaged. We enjoyed walking on the boardwalk and down the beach. It was kind of cool and stormy, just like it was on our honeymoon. We went into a couple of really cool toy shops and bought some fun games- Mancala, Pass the Pigs, and Banana Grams, which is like the game Syzygy, which I love. My family drove out to the beach the next day, bringing Gabe of course, and we headed to Indian Beach. Love that beach. The Oregon Coast is so picturesque! The weather warmed up quite a bit. Anyway, Gabe LOVED the ocean. He is definitely a water baby. We walked him down to the waves (the tiny ones) and jumped him over each one. He loved it. He didn't care that his legs were all cold he was just enthralled the whole time. He was not happy with us when we decided that he had had enough and it was time to go warm up. We ate at Camp 18 again (my family wanted to go)on our way back and had fun playing games at the table and watching Gabe's antics.
We had a great time in Oregon, and it was kind of hard to come back and get back in to work and more work.

Here is another web album from my dad with a few more pictures.

4 comments:

Dani said...

What a fun trip! I must say, I'm slightly envious seeing as how Kirk and I have NEVER left the kids to go away together. Even just overnight! Sad, I know. You and BJ make such a wonderful couple. Congrats on your 5th year anniversary! We love you guys!

Mustang Suzie said...

Looks like you had a great time! It's always hard to come home and get back into the regular routine. I told Ron that I would just like to travel all the time to beautiful places and eat exotic foods. :-) After doing all that we did this summer, I need to take that back. I was pretty tired and wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Love the pix of Gabe, especially with the hat, and the ones with the drawings on the sand. Very sweet. Happy anniversary again. Love you guys.

Yo... said...

Wow. It has been 5 years! I still have a vivid memory of running into BJ near the HBLL and having him pull me aside and sit me down and say, "Heidi, I'm engaged to be married. Next month."
Someday happened, indeed!! And a wonderful someday it's been, from all accounts. Congrats and many more happy somedays to you both.

Ashley said...

Has it really been FIVE years? I think it seems like yesterday that we were sitting behind the front desk at the Bean. Congratulations!

Gabe is so cute in the pool!