Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Poetry? or...

So, apparently April is national poetry month. In honor of that, I thought I would write a few verses about my life at the moment! Now, don't get too excited- this is not exactly high quality literature here! But since rhyming is kind of fun, I thought I would post this, and encourage everyone to write something back- rhyming or not! C'mon, it will be fun!

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
finals are here-
and moving day too!

I'm writing a paper
and packing a box;
applying for jobs
and sorting my socks!

...Washing the laundry
and scrubbing the tub;
doing the dishes
and cooking up grub.

...Knitting a blanket
and studying for boards-
checking the mail
to see what it affords.

I'm getting a bit tired-
but really, I'm fine!
I'll be glad when it's over
and victory is mine!

6 comments:

BJ said...

As I walked in from work today, Rochelle told me that I had to comment and comment the right way! So, here's my attempt.

So poetry she wanted,
and poetry she'll get,
by the time she's done reading,
I'm sure her side will split

With this little refrain
My poem I'll start,
to tell you of a story,
that comes from my heart! *sniff*

Two weeks into April
My! Time has flown
I sit back and relax
and watch her tummy grow

Three months more
And we'll plainly see
How fast we can get
From point A to point B

To the delivery room
With nurses and staff
People rush with great speed
Before the moment is past

Happy baby is come
Now people will know
Their presents in kind
Will put on a good show

Lions, tigers and bears
monkeys and horses too
will adorn Gabe's walls
With many shades of blue

Happy happy day
yippe-i-o-kai-ae
shouts mommy dear
to see little BJ

So poetry she wanted,
and poetry she'll get,
but now she wants the computer,
so I guess that's it!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... heartfelt happiness hopping over hayfields in half a hidden hole...
I do Old English poetry. They alliterate, they don't rhyme...

DJ said...

Hello Bj/Rochelle,

so finally u r blog goes global, i hope i am the first Indian to visit your blog !!!!
gr8 Poerty from both of you..
i enjoyed it!!! looks like both of you are in great frame of mind these days for obivous reason.
I hope Rochelle is doing well & so are you BJ...
____________________
Cheers - DJ
_____________________

rhondas view said...

poetry here
and poetry there
a splash of excitement
everywhere

bj and rochelle
have busy lives
but they have no idea
intil baby Gabe arrives...

i'm not really into
this poetry thing
but had to try something
to be in. ter. es. ting (lol)

love ya!

Mustang Suzie said...

Oh what a treat
Tis true, tis true
Poetry hard to beat
From all of you....

Clever verse from Rochelle,
Heidi and BeeJay :-)
Rhonda's cool too
And from India, there's Dhananjay!

Enjoying life's pleasures
One day at a time
Moving, graduating and baby
All gifts sublime!

You guys are doing great. Love ya,
Mom

Dani said...

You have a lot going on
and it's keepin you hoppin'
Be careful Rochelle
So the baby wont start droppin'!