Saturday, April 12, 2008

A new blog

I looked far and wide, and have determined that there is no rule saying a man should have but one blog, and consequently I now have two. I will continue to post here, but my posts here will be family oriented, and more personal. My other blog will contain my more controversial posts regarding Sociology, Politics, Technology, and anything else I find interesting and controversial. Today I have posted my first post there, and you are all free to take a look. This blog will be open to the general public, and so it is entirely possible, if not likely, that complete strangers will be reading it and commenting. I will therefore have no references to my personal life on it, and no links to this blog or other family blogs. Due to the fact that I am somewhat more liberal than many of you, please do not be surprised if you happen to disagree with me. However, please feel free to comment and tell me what you think. I respect all of your opinions, and am happy to hear your thoughts on my blogs. I think that a lively conversation can be both invigorating, and educational, and that we should all take part. You can find my other blog here: http://sociolitics.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to seeing you there!

6 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

You are so funny! It will be interesting to see who will show up on your blog and what opinions they will have though. :-)

Anonymous said...

If you consider yourself liberal, I must be a flaming radical! lol. :-D

Anonymous said...

PS. Beej, if you're going to make that blog completely open to everyone everywhere, then please don't make it so I have to sign into my email account or give my web page address in order to comment... that gives random strangers access to my information, regardless of whether you've posted any links or not! :) Thanks.

BJ said...

No worries Heidi, your email address and blog are in your hands. If you don't want them to show up when you comment, click here (or click 'edit profile' from dashboard): http://www.blogger.com/edit-profile.g and edit the settings so that you are comfortable with what shows up. Currently, the only bit of information that you have on your profile that might be a concern to you is that it shows the address to your blog. You can remove that here. And if you do not want anything to show up, simply uncheck "Share my profile". This is a good practice for anyone to manage what information does and does not show up on their profile.

Dani said...

Hey Beej! I read your comment that you left on 360. I didn't realize that it wasn't working for you anymore. It still works okay for me and I kept wondering when it was going to be shut down. I'll get Braden set up on a private blog, but I'm going to stick with one for me. I don't think I would be able to manage more than that right now. My main concern with abandoning 360 was that I wanted to make sure we bring everyone with us to blogger. We'll have to keep working on that! I think it's great that you have started another one though! I'm looking forward to reading it!

rhondas view said...

hey bj and rochelle! i just read up on your postings and now i consider myself half informed!
good luck with the move and with the end of school. so much going on- but all good stuff!