Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Loads and loads of fun

So, we have been packing for the last two weeks getting ready for our move on April 19th (if Rochelle tries to tell you it's the 20th, reminder her that it isn't). ;-) Our apartment has loads and loads of boxes everywhere. Full boxes on the bottom, empty ones on the top, stacks as tall as me. And I think we are only about half way done packing. I have been grabbing every box I can find at work, and some of them are big enough to pack an entire closet. It has been both fun and stressful to get ready to move to our condo. Yesterday, we locked in a rate of 5.5%, something that we are very happy about. I'm sure the rates will probably drop to 3 something just because we locked it in, but that's life. ;-) We have had a huge pile of shred-ables (credit card offers etc.) that we have put to good use. We shredded them, and they are now padding dishes and glasses, and breakable things. We have been packing everything that we don't use on a regular basis, and we have quite a system going. We have a master list of every box, and what it contains, we have every box labeled with a number, a color, and the contents of the box. The color represents the room to which it is to be delivered to upon arrival. We have already reserved our truck, and got a dolly. I guess it is official... we are moving. ;-) If you will be around on the 19th, you are welcome to come join us in our day of organized chaos. We are very excited about it all... and we hope to invite ya'all over once we get settled in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess that means you bought your condo? :) Congratulations! And have fun moving on my half birthday. :) I won't be there, I'm afraid...

Ammieloris said...

This isn't an April Fools Day joke, is it? :) I guess moving isn't very funny.

Dani said...

I didn't realize it was all official! Congrats! It sounds like you guys have it all very organized and under control!

Mustang Suzie said...

I feel so badly that we will be out of town. I hope you still have that last week after the 19th to clean your old apartment, etc., so I can at least be helpful some time! If I were you, I would take advantage of those guys at the condo office who said they would help. Does this mean you got the FHA approval and all or did you do something different? Love Ya, Mom

Scott and Danielle said...

Congrats on moving! Good luck with all the boxes. I think that is so funny you are so organized. I guess that helps though. We had a tough time finding things for a few days after we got here. We couldn't find the rolling pin for the longest time! We are so excited for you to move! Hopefully when we come to Utah this summer (in the plans) we can stop by!