Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's a Boy!

It's true- and I must admit I was completely surprised (and pleased, too!).

The perinatologists checked everything out, and said that our baby looks healthy and great! There was no question as to the gender... definitely a boy. Good thing we had a boy's name picked out! It was kind of a funny transition for us to start calling "it" a "he", and then realizing we could call "he" by an actual name- Gabriel Benjamin Taylor. Yay!!!

Ultrasound pics


It was exciting for us to have somewhat of a picture to match with this little person we have been been thinking about so much. I have been thinking and dreaming about little babies for a couple of months now, so it was cool to finally know that it is a boy, and see him a little! I think for BJ, seeing the ultrasound was the first time it has really hit him that there is another person coming into our family. Maybe he can blog or comment about what his thoughts were after we found out. It is wild for both of us to think about!!!

I had another question answered that I had been somewhat worried about... I haven't really felt the baby moving much, but they could tell by the ultrasound today that the placenta is on the front of my uterus, so the baby's movements are pretty well cushioned by it. They said it might even be a bit longer before I can feel much movement, and definitely before anyone could feel anything from the outside of my belly. But it will come soon enough!!!

Anyway, that's the news for now. I will post other pictures soon.

10 comments:

rochelle said...

FYI- BJ just posted his response below mine (not above, where new posts normally go..).

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute name, and nice... it just is a good name! And wow... very funny that the majority of people who voted, including myself, thought it would be a girl. :-D Well, all 3 more of those who voted boy.

Mustang Suzie said...

We are so happy to welcome Gabriel into our family and will be so excited for his arrival! Your ultrasound photos are great--so clear. I'm very grateful also that all is well so far with baby and with you. Grandma Sue

Utah Dancer said...

We are so excited for you guys! Wonderful news!!!

stacey said...

Congrats!! A few thoughts I had:

- I'm glad that Gabriel is healthy and doing well!
- It really does make a difference for the husband, whose body probably isn't changing like crazy, to see what is inside of you. I haven't read BJ's post yet but I imagine he felt much like Jeff did
- My placenta (or was it Jacob's?) attached to the front also. I think I really felt him kick around 24 weeks for the first time, somewhere around there, but they said it might be as late at 27.

Congrats again. It was fun to see you guys at the traffic circle on Sunday. :)

Dani said...

We are thrilled for both of you! What an exciting time in life. Your sweet baby boy is very lucky to have you two as parents. You'll be great! I love the ultrasound picture too. It's always amazing to get the first peeks of your cute baby!

Tammy said...

Congrats! That's got to feel really good to finally know the gender and see a picture of the baby! I love your name too! really cute!

Anonymous said...

amazing photos! we are all sooo happy for you- that all is going well- and that you're feeling better. yea!

BrittWilk said...

yeah!! sooo cool! you guys will be great parents! It was so fun to watch you two with Emery on Sunday... you're going to love that sweet little boy to death - and that's exactly what he'll need. He's so lucky!

Anonymous said...

well... im commenting Rochellie! :P i must say i thought it was going to be a girl, but you are going to have the cutest little red curly haired boy! haha I am sooooooo excited for you!