Monday, June 26, 2006

A week with the in-laws

Alrighty, we got here last Wednesday, and are leaving tomorrow, which means, sadly, that our vacation is coming to a close. :-( We have had fun being here with Rochelle's family. Her siblings are lots of fun to be with. It has been abominably hot for Oregon, 95 plus every day, and way too humid for my taste. The weather has kept us hiding from the sun inside, but we have managed to have fun despite ourselves. Tayler, Collin and I have played lots of ping-pong, pool, and chess, along with some pente and a little paint ball on the side. Collin is currently reading to me a list of jokes that got in the email some time ago, and has kept in a folder. We have also been witness to a bunch of different events while here. First of which, and our main reason for being here, was Anna's baptism. Other things we saw were Collin's piano recital, the Dance festival in which Marissa, Tayler, and Cara were all a part. Marissa also received her Personal Progress completion award. And last but not least Tayler recieved his Eagle Scout award. Well, I could write much more about all of this, and I probably will, but I think it shall wait until I'm at home wishing I could get another round of ping-pong in.

No comments: