Monday, June 19, 2006

Procrastination is my (temporary) answer

Well, as the title implies, I have other things that I should be doing, and yet here I am, hoping against all odds that the material I should be studying will somehow seep into my brain while I do something... anything (!) else. Right now, "something" is giving the update on our fascinating life! Ok, so maybe it is not so fascinating, but it seems to be quite a whirlwind right now.
BJ and I had the pleasure of having both our fathers here with us on Father's Day yesterday. This was not exactly planned; but through a series of what you might call unfortunate events, we were able to host both of them. Now, don't get me wrong, it was not unfortunate for us that they were here! We were delighted to have both of them at the same time. No, the unfortunate part was some of the circumstances surrounding this event. To explain: We knew BJ's dad was coming; his wife (BJ's mom) was out of town, and we invited him over for Father's Day dinner. Then, I received news that my grandmother here in Utah was having emergency surgery, and that my dad was coming to be here with her and his siblings. He was here until Sunday night (Father's Day). So, while the reasons for him being here were less than desirable, we were delighted to have this unique opportunity. We all got to have dinner together (some of the recipes we used are posted in the recipe section of our website) and then we promptly left to take my dad back to the airport. Whew! As a note, my grandmother's condition is improving, but she will have a long recovery ahead of her. Our thoughts and prayers are with her, of course.
Today was the last day of classes for Spring Term, 2006! BJ has one more class to take before he graduates, and I have... dozens! Oh well, at least I am now finished with my generals. Anyway, we are leaving the day after tomorrow to go visit my family. The day after tomorrow also happens to be the first day of finals, and that means that we are taking our finals early. Tomorrow. Yikes. That is why I should be studying. I have a tremendous amount of material to cover by 9:00 tomorrow morning, and I feel like I have a long night ahead of me, as I have not made much headway on studying yet. That said, I guess I have had a long enough break, and will resume my dismal task.

No comments: