Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Busy Day

Today has been one of the busiest days ever! In a good, mostly non- stressful way, of course. I worked this morning, as usual. BJ and I actually babysat our nieces for a good portion of the rest of the day. BJ had the girls for a few hours, then picked me up from work. We spent some time with the girls at the Bean Museum, the park, playing games (the likes of Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, and dominoes) etc. BJ went back to work for part of the time, then came back for an hour or two. I love children, and I have a lot of respect for parents in general. I usually experience a surge of that respect right after babysitting multiple children. I am not suggesting anything about my nieces (I think they are adorable, very smart, and fairly good- natured). It's just that babysitting kids makes me appreciate what moms and dads do, and the fact that parenting is a neverending babysitting job. I feel lucky, in that the parents that BJ and I have, and all of the members of our family who are parents, are great examples of good parents.
We were supposed to go to our dance class in the evening, but we were late, and pretty tired, (not to mention the fact that we are auditing the class, and are not trying to earn a grade) so we went home, only to walk 3 miles to go get ice cream at Stan's. Incidentally, THE Stan that "Stan's" is named after is BJ's grandfather. He sold the restaraunt quite a while ago, but the whole family still frequents the 1950's classic burger joint. It definitely has character, and some of the best fast food you'll ever try. Stan's is one of those places where if you have lived in Provo for any amount of time, you understand the kind of tradition that Stan's is; kind of a permanent fixture that draws college students, teenagers, and their parents alike. Everyone likes Stan's.

No comments: