Friday, July 07, 2006

Update

It feels like we have been in a whirlwind ever since we got back from Oregon! We are lucky to have BJ's sister, Rhonda, with her kids Taylor and Emily in town- that means the whole family is here. We were all able to get together for a Fourth of July celebration, fireworks, and a barbeque (actually we got together the day before), which was fun. On Independance Day itself, we went to the big 4th of July parade. It goes right down the street next to our apartment, so we didn't have to go far to find it. Then we walked over to the Art Festival which is held outdoors every year downtown. We had a fun time window shopping. ;) It is a very fun event, with vendors selling food, art, clothing, etc. There is also some free stuff, mostly for children, and there is live entertainment. We also got to barbeque with our friends Danielle and Scott, which was fun. Since we had done fireworks the night before, and because of bad weather, we did not go see/ do any fireworks on the Fourth.
Since then, we have been busy working, BJ is going to class and looking for a job, I spent the night with my grandmother in the hospital a couple of times, and BJ took wedding pictures for some friends of the family. We are still working on our website, and I am working on my cardmaking hobby. I am hoping to work on some other hobbies this summer: sewing, reading, piano, and... other fun stuff when I think of it. I would also like to try Utah camping. I have been camping (more backpacking, really) a bunch in Oregon, but not at all in Utah, so I am eager to try it out.
Oh, I also got a haircut. I got it cut and layered about up to my collarbone. Still long, but not down to my waist or anything anymore. I also got a few bangs cut. I think I like it, but I am still deciding.
I am looking forward to seeing Pirates of the Carribbean II tomorrow. Actually, I am looking forward with some trepidation. The reason is that even the previews frightened me, and my sister Marissa warned my that it was so suspensful that I might have heart problems. My sister Cara advised me that I might be crawling up my seat and that it was very suspensful. Sooooo.... I'll let you know how it goes, if I am not in the hospital with heart palpitations.

No comments: