Monday, January 18, 2010

A normal week

This week has been a pretty normal week.  I had my 25 week prenatal appointment, and everything is going smoothly.  The baby is measuring right on 25 weeks, with a normal heart rate of 154 bpm, and I am not experiencing any swelling or high blood pressure like my last pregnancy.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that continues to be the case. 
BJ continues to be busy with work, occasionally working nights and other random times since he is on call to keep web servers running for his company. 
Gabriel has been his normal cute self, getting in to everything and making us smile.  We have been working with him on identifying people he knows, and he seems to have regressed somewhat in that he will NOT say or sign "mama" and rarely points to me when asked where I am.  He knows how to make the sign, and he has pointed to me plenty of times before, although he has yet to even make an "m" sound.  Lately, though, when asked where his mommy is, he just stares blankly, or turns around to play with his toys.  What am I, chopped liver?  Seriously, I feel like I deserve to at least be properly identified!  I keep telling myself that he will learn it soon enough.  Right?
We are enjoying our day off work today by doing... errands!  Wahoo!  I think it is great that BJ and I have the same day off (not always the case).  By the way, for those who are interested, I have posted tutorials on my craft blog for a shirt to maternity shirt refashion, and a highchair re-cover.  Check it out if you are interested.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Come on, Gabe! Get your priorities straight. Mom is #1 in your life! :)

I haven't been on your blog in quite sometime... it seems like you guys are doing great, and Gabriel is getting to be so big! He is a handsome little guy. Congrats on the news of a new little boy. Aren't they the best???!!

Ashley said...

Haha, Kimball is the same way. He doesn't sign anything yet, but can pick out Uncle _____, Grandma _____, etc. in all family photos, but won't point to me or look at me when I say, "where's mama?". He doesn't say "m" either, just "da". Funny boys.

Dani said...

Once he gets to the point where he doesn't STOP saying "Mom! Mom!", you'll say "I remember the days before my name was being yelled over and over". :-) No worries. He knows who you are! :-)

Pricilla said...

Carter just started getting the M sound in the last week or two. I think that one is just a hard one for some reason. It is not fair how easy they say Dada, but no props for the Mom!