Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update

A quick update of the goings- on of the last week...
We saw Tayler off at the MTC last Wednesday, which was a bittersweet (but mostly sweet) experience. I then flew back to Oregon with my parents. Gabe did alright on the plane, but truly, its not his favorite thing. Luckily, he had 3 people ready to keep him entertained. Once in Oregon, I enjoyed visiting with my family and just relaxing. My Mom's Voices for the Performing Arts Foundation put on a great benefit concert. The chorale did a great job, and the guest artists- Julianne Johnson, and Michael Allen Harrison- and his stepson Tanner were phenomenal. It was so enjoyable. BJ surprised my family by showing up at the second half of the first concert- on Friday- and he was able to be there until Sunday and fly back with me. I won't go on too much about all the details because they have been recorded very nicely with pictures on my parents' blog- check out the sidebar for the address if you're interested.
By the way: We are trying to plan some fun activities/ trips this summer, so if you have kids (or don't but want to come) and want to go on some fun day trips i.e. to the zoo, any number or parks, picnicing, animal spotting, scenic walks etc., let me know and we'll be sure to include you!

2 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Glad everything went so well for all of you last week. I'm sure Tayler will be a great missionary and will come home loving Australia! We have an elder who will be home in July that has served there and he loves it.

It's so nice that you and BJ could travel to Oregon to support your Mom's efforts. Do they video the concert? If so, I'd love to see it. Anyway, glad you are safely home and I'm always game for fun day trips :-). Love ya!

BJ said...

It was a good week. I'm glad I was able to come to much of it.