Saturday, January 19, 2008

BJ's Running...

Hey all,

While I am just getting started (started 2 weeks ago), I am going to be running in a half-marathon in March, and so I have been training for that. Today I am going to try to run 6 miles. My goal is to come back alive. The furthest I have run in recent months is 4 miles, and that wasn't easy. But due to weak knees I haven't been able to accomplish anything more than 3 miles recently. So, I'm going to show you what my training schedule is going to be, and I'm going to show you what I have done. I expect to hear oohs and aahs when you look at the schedule, and lots of sniggers when you look at what I have done. Oh well. They are goals, and goals are meant to be lofty. And I'll do my best to complete them. Because one way or another, I am going to be in that race, and if I don't want to walk the entire distance, I need to prepare myself.

So, here are my goals:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2OyjzGNLCQev5zT7-sRaVQ

And here are my actual runs:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/user_training?username=beeg_98

I wish I could put all of that on one website, but as of yet, there doesn't seem to be a way to do so. I think they are working on it though. Speaking of running... it's time for me to go.

BJ

7 comments:

BJ said...

I'm alive!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! What a great goal. Someday, I plan to start marathoning (is that a word?) too. Good luck with all of it!

Anonymous said...

Hee. Nice. That looks about like my running schedule over the last couple of months... ;) (The actual running done, I mean, not the goals...)

Utah Dancer said...

Wow, impressive. Good luck with the training. I can't run outside--I remember trying to run with Ryan once. Of course 'with' is a bit of a stretch. I believe we ran together for about 5 minutes and then I just tried to not have him get too far out of my sight. so pathetic. I feel like I am doing really well to use my elliptical and do my pilates in my nice warm home. You have cool websites to look at though. But finally, you will do great. I am glad you have found something that inspires you to get out there--you're awesome! We love you guys!!!

Dad, Quin said...

You go Dog! or is it Daug. I'm not sure. Any way good start. I think you are going to have to take something for that knee though. You've got to get the inflamation under control early or it will just keep "dogging you" so to speak. Good Luck! The boys are watching you. No pressure but could you pick it up a little. They seem to be lagging a bit and you know how they love to compete with you. Give 'em a "run" for their money, (or my money, as the case may be).

Mustang Suzie said...

I have faith! You can do it :-)!!! But, you're right--preparing is totally necessary. I'm impressed, BJ. Good luck with the whole thing.
Mom

Anonymous said...

you're braver than i... i have one solitary goal for fitness. it is: oh yeah, i'm not publishing it anywhere! and i'm certainly not showing what the goal is- and then showing the world what i've done about it.
good for you. maybe that's youthfulness? anyway... happy running!