Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where has the time gone?!

It has been "my turn" to blog for over a month, so in order to stop that from hanging over my head, I will finally blog! Why the reluctance? I don't know. Maybe because there is so much that has happened that it is a little overwhelming to try to go back and remember it all! Unfortunately, this also becomes my dilemma with normal journaling. I have good intentions for so long, until one day I realize that sitting down to journal everything that has happened since the last time I wrote is going to be a gigantically HUGE process, and then I continue to put it off. So, rather than try to chronicle everything in detail, I will just list off some of the things we have been up to (not necessarily in perfect order).


I finished finals, which went relatively well.

BJ signed up to run a half marathon in Moab (the same one I ran last year) in March. He convinced my dad and brothers Tayler and Collin to come and run it as well.

We went to BJ’s company Christmas party.

We celebrated some birthdays in the days before and after Christmas – niece Mandy, sister Marissa, nephew Braden.

We flew to Oregon to spend Christmas with my family, which we enjoyed greatly (The Arave Sing-Along, Christmas Eve and Day traditions, movies, shopping, lots of relaxation).

My family got a family picture taken- by BJ! He did a great job.

I got a few maternity clothes- a first!

We came back to Utah on New Years Eve & celebrated with BJ’s family.

BJ went back to work. :(

We went to my 12- week prenatal appointment and heard the baby’s heartbeat! (Wahoo! What a sweet sound!)

I took up learning how to crochet….? (BJ secretly wants to too.)

Our friend Dhananjay from India went back home.

I have worked a little more on the research project I am helping a professor with to prepare it for publication.

I started my first day of my last semester of college!

I met with the nurse manager at the hospital I am doing my capstone at, was assigned to a nurse preceptor (who I will work solely with for the rest of the semester) and I start my first capstone shift on Friday!

That 12 hour shift is the beginning of 252 hours I have to spend in clinical this semester! Wow! More hours required than any other nursing school around here! Hopefully that will reflect well in our marketability after we graduate!

I am in a very awkward stage where not many of my clothes fit well, but I am not big enough for most maternity clothes yet. This means that I often wear sweats, scrubs, T-shirts, and other comfy but un-flattering clothes. Oh well, it’s all part of the experience!

I am about 15 weeks along. Luckily, the nausea (and to some degree the fatigue as well) is beginning to taper off somewhat.

BJ is working hard at his office on a project that will bring his company a lot of revenue (he came up with the idea and everyone liked it, so now he is working on implementing it. Good job, honey!).

BJ has been following a running schedule to get ready for the half marathon. Last night he even ran outside (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!) in the dark to get his miles in! (If you know BJ, it is so not like him to choose to run in the cold! He usually likes to run indoors when it is this cold outside. He is working hard to be ready, despite a sore knee.)

I think that is mostly what we've been up to lately. We will try to do better about posting in a more timely manner!

8 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Glad to hear from you again on the blog! Life sounds wonderful for you and BJ. It's great that you are starting your very last semester. I know you will do well. It will definitely help you pregnancy time go faster. Nothing worse than just sitting and waiting out 9 months! I really can't believe that BJ ran in the kind of cold we are having right now. I know I could not do that. Glad you had such a fun time with your family. We missed you guys during all of our festivities, but always happy to share!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... cold vs wet... I keep trying to talk myself into starting running again, but I can't get around the wet part of the dark and cold just yet... Welcome back! I've been wondering when you would resurface.

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear from you again. I think we have all been taking a break from the blogging universe, so don't feel bad!

Also, I haven't forgotten my offer for you to use my maternity clothes if you want (don't feel like you have to). I think I have a few things for that weird in between stage you are in right now. I just need to pull them out of storage for you. There are some really cute things that I bought when expecting Marissa and Tanner, so they aren't that old. (My older things from Braden and Kimmy's pregnancies are long gone :-) Let me know if you are interested!

Glad you are starting to feel better! Lots of love to you both!

Anonymous said...

OH, and hey, I'm curious: have you two voted on whether you think it's a boy or a girl, on your own blog? If you haven't, I think you should...

Utah Dancer said...

Yea for hearing the heartbeat! That is a sweet sound. Yea for the first day of the last semester! Also, very sweet. You've worked so hard, that will be a great day--graduation! And finally, I am glad the sickness is wearing off a bit. Makes life easier. We love you!

Tammy said...

wow, sounds like you guys have been up to alot. life is harder when its busy, but its sure alot more fun too! I know what you mean about being in the awkward clothes stage.. shirts I don't really have problems with, but none of my pants really fit anymore.. and my maternity pants are just barley too big.. the worst part is that the clothes that i'm starting to wear now are much cuter than my old clothes, so i'm gonna have a hard time going back to my normal weight after the baby is born. lol well anyways, I hope everything is going good for you guys!

Dad, Quin said...

I like summaries. I love you sweatheart.

Dad

Anonymous said...

what a whirlwind- eh? by the time you put in all of those hours- you'll forget the time flying- and then voila, last trimester! very exciting!