Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy 7-11 Everyone!



So... I really don't have much to say today. I am home right now because I am going back to work later tonight. We are pushing a release, and Dave my boss said he wants me around as it happens... just in case. What that case might be, I don't know, but I'll be around I guess. (It's better than being a square!) So I came home early, gave Rochelle a kiss, and she fell asleep within 15 minutes. She spent the morning painting stuff for my parents outside. While she was happy for the opportunity to be outside and earn a little extra money, I don't think she was used to the heat. It wore her right out. So she is now sleeping peacefully. I'll wake her up in a bit if she wants to be woken up... otherwise she can sleep just as long as she wants. Her birthday is coming up, and we need to go shopping for her. I'm excited to do so. I sometimes struggle to get through the hours of shopping for clothes, but I always enjoy the smiles and cheeriness that come later.

Charles came over last night, and we had a good 2 hour discussion about girls, life, and work. We had strawberry shortcake, and enjoyed his company. Charles is one of those guys who keeps you laughing. Whenever I am around him, and no matter what our conversation, there is always humor scattered through the talk. I really appreciate that. It is good to enjoy life, and to laugh a lot.

We are going to be going up to Oregon in just over two weeks. We have pre-purchased the latest and greatest (we hope) Harry Potter, and Rochelle plans to read it to me while we drive. We'll see how long that lasts. Rochelle and I enjoy reading together, but we struggle to finish books together. So what typically happens is that we start the book together and finish separately. When the plot gets intense, usually one of us can't help but to just read a little bit more, and a little becomes a lot and soon the book is finished. But it is fun to try all the same. We are looking forward to our hike and camp-out in Oregon with Rochelle's family. We will be camping for several days, and making friends with the bears. (Hopefully they aren't having the same problem Utah is with bears.)

Well... I don't have much more to say, but I hope you enjoyed the 4th of July pictures. Sorry I'm so late in posting. I really haven't been on the computer outside of work for... over a week. I check my email at work, but that's about it. But I have caught up with everybody's blogs and now am finally posting another entry in my own. I'll let you know more when I have something new to report.

Have a happy 7-11 day everybody!

4 comments:

rochelle said...

Good pictures, BJ. I too am looking forward to going to Oregon. It has been a good week so far. I enjoyed having Charles over for dessert, and I actually do enjoy working outside. I definitely don't have anything to do like that at our apartment, so it was nice to get out and just have some peace and quiet in the beautiful outdoors!

Utah Regional Ballet said...

Pretty fireworks photos. Sounds like you guys are enjoying a bit of a very deserved break. Good.

Andy and I used to try to read books together but the exact same thing happened and we always tried to hide the fact that we had read ahead. So, now we just read and talk about it later. Then I don't feel so guilty for finishing first. :)

Mustang Suzie said...

Glad you finally posted again. Even normal everyday life is always interesting. Your photos are very nice. It's fun to see all the different perspectives in the stuff we do. I know you'll have fun in Oregon, but be careful! Love You,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! I'm with Candice on the reading books thing. I'm the one who lacks self control because I'm home more during the day and can sneak in time to read here and there. Kirk usually ends up reading books on the airplane on his many business trips. This time....we will read Harry Potter in Hawaii! I know you didn't really like book 6, so I hope you will end up liking this last one. Have fun in Oregon!