Saturday, July 21, 2007

Birthdays and other sundry events

It has been a good week for us, not too busy though. Of course the highlight for me was my birthday, which BJ was able to take half a day off work for. We had lunch together at a restaurant called Guru's, and it was good. Then BJ took me to go see the Harry Potter movie, which we enjoyed, although like most people, we felt that things had been rushed and changed a bit. However, it was done well, and we are now looking forward to the book (should be arriving today, but we can't open it until our road trip next week). After the movie, BJ's parents took us to one of my favorite restaurants- P.F. Chang's! Yum! One thing that BJ got for me which was a complete surprise was a car iPod adapter thingy which transmits your music to a previously-static-y radio station of your choice. Pretty fun stuff. I got some other things for my birthday which I really like and I got to talk to my family. Marissa called me on her lunch break, I talked to my mom on the phone, and my dad called me from the mountains on his camping/ kayaking trip.
On Friday, I did some more painting outside- actually I finished up the job! And in the evening we had dinner with our friends the Kershaws, who are moving to Nebraska this week for school. We will miss them.
Well, the Harry Potter book just arrived! Um, I am having major temptation! What if someone spoils it for me before I have the chance to read it?! Ahhh! Maybe we will have to start reading it before then... I don't know! The mailman said he had a truckload of books for people just in our complex! Hah! But I was the only one home so far. Interesting.
Tonight we are going on a double date with Charles and... someone. I think the consensus is that we are going ice skating. Fine with me- sooooooooo hot outside!
Many of BJ's family are en route to Hawaii right now... too bad we couldn't go, but fun for them! We expect pictures, ok? soon? :)
There is plenty of other stuff coming up this week, but I will tell about that later, when we know for sure what we are doing!

2 comments:

BJ said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Love you babe!

Mustang Suzie said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday too! Sounds like you also had a happy weekend. Hope you also have a wonderful trip up to see your family. We look forward to catching up when you get back and when I get back from North Carolina.