Thursday, August 09, 2012

A tender mercy

(I posted this on my facebook page on August 9th)
I left early for work this morning; the kids and BJ were still in bed. I thought about waking the kids to kiss them goodbye, but couldn't bring myself to disturb them. I felt anxious about leaving them though and I said a silent prayer that we would all be watched over and reunited safely this afternoon. On my way home from work, I stopped at a red light, and decided to put the car in "park" wh
ile waiting- I never do this. The light turned green, and I had to look down for several seconds to get the car in "drive". As I looked up, a car ran a red light and sped through the intersection- right where I would have been had I been driving my "usual" way. I know God hears my prayers and the thought struck me that this was an answer to the one I said this morning.

No comments: