Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Lights at Temple Square

Rochelle and I took Dhananjay up to see the lights at Temple Square. My, it was pretty. We had long talks about religion too. It was a lot of fun. Here are a few photos that I took. Nothing too fancy, but not having a tripod with me, I was happy any of them turned out ok. I just love being up there when the lights are on though... it is so pretty. I love listening to the narrator tell the Christmas story, and looking at the displays. I love seeing all the lights. It's one of the many times I feel like no matter how good I ever get with my camera, I'll never be able to convey the feelings that are there through the lens.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it does convey the feelings, Beej, because for the many of us who've been there and know what you're talking about, the photos awaken the memories, and that leads to the feelings. :) So no worries! I really miss that part of Christmas-time in North America -- it being much simpler to get to Temple Square to see the Christmas stuff!

Ammieloris said...

Oh, these are such pretty pictures! Thanks thanks! I didn't see any pics of Temple Square this year, even though I watched the 1st Presidency broadcast. Speaking of pretty wintertimes, it's snowing (and sticking) in Cleveland today!

rochelle said...

I think they're lovely pictures. I loved listening to the nativity story that is played over the loudspeaker, and seeing all the beautiful colors of the lights. It was really neat to be there again.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. I can't wait to get up there too! Our kids haven't seen the lights in a long time. I'm not sure they even remember. How sad is that? It will be fun to show them again. Will you guys be coming with us since you already did it? See ya soon.

Mustang Suzie said...

Wow--your photos left me speechless. And I'm so glad you got one of the tree in the Joseph Smith Building! I was just there--without a camera!! It was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These are great beej! My favorite part is listening to the narrator too. We look forward to donning our goofy santa hats and going for a stroll again this year!