Monday, September 17, 2007

I know it is my turn to write, but I have no idea what I am going to type yet. Your guess is almost as good as mine!
So, update on the bow: we watched another Robin Hood movie last week. I wish I could say that something exciting about the bow had happened on that night, but instead, we got a note from the mysterious person the night before! In response to the note we put on our door, it said, "Regarding the bow: with great power comes great responsibility. Signed, the BOWMASTER." That's it. We enjoyed a good confused laugh over it. We thought we had the mystery solved when BJ was sure he recognized the handwriting as Charles'. So I IM'd Charles to ask if he had misplaced a piece of medieval weaponry lately, and he said yes! But he was just kidding... :(
School is going fine for me. I am taking 2 nursing classes- Critical Care and Psych nursing. One is fairly easy, one is pretty dang hard. You can guess which is which. I have a ton of reading and assignments and prep work to do for those classes. I am also taking a religion class (Mission Prep from Brother Bott) which I think is going to be my favorite class this semester. He is having the married people in the class read an alternate text called Divorceless Marriage. It uses the same principles from the Mission Prep manual, and applies them to a different companionship. BJ and I have been reading it together, and it is really good.
Right now I doing clinical at LDS Hospital. I am working in different ICUs. I have worked in the Respiratory ICU so far. I don't really know what to say about that. It was good, I learned a lot, it wasn't boring, I was really busy, and I don't think that is where my future lies. I could be wrong of course, but I doubt it!
At the moment I can't think of anything else to say that is interesting, so I will get back to my studying and prep work for tomorrow's lectures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you recognize where the bowmaster's line came from? I don't know, it could be a clue of some kind.

Mustang Suzie said...

Someone is having a lot of fun with you guys! I say--consider the bow your own and take the message down. It might just encourage people to be involved just for the fun of it who really have nothing to do with the bow. Charles was a good bet! :-D You are doing great, Rochelle. Keep up the good work. It will be over before you know!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with mom, someone might just be having a good laugh over your note, rather than have anything to do with the bow. So curious!

I'm surprised that there are married people in mission prep...I wouldn't figure that! But what a great way for your teacher to apply that class to marriage!

It's always nice to hear about your nursing classes. I'm sure you are doing great! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Charles is still a good bet.... I thought I recognised the quote. It's in "Spider Man." Not that I remember the whole movie, I just recognised that it was from somewhere fairly recent. Though I think it's also from somewhere else that I can't remember right now. :)

Anonymous said...

it's kind of fun solving mysteries. you might leave a clue of your own on the door rather than a note. see if they engage. or not!
rochelle and bj, you two seem to be on top of your game, always. it's great to get the positive updates!

Utah Dancer said...

Sounds like you are learning alot. Tell me if you like the alternate reading from your mission prep class. I haven't heard of that book. What was the part that made you think you wouldn't end up in the Respitory ICU? I am interested in knowing that.