Saturday, February 17, 2007

The new stuff

This has been a pretty good week; busy as usual. Last Saturday I got to go to a ballet (Swan Lake by Ballet West) up in SLC which was very impressive and fun to see. I got to go with BJ's mom and two nieces, and we made a day of it!
This Sunday we got new callings in our ward. We are now on the activities committee. This is a calling that BJ has had several times before, and one that I look forward to and think will be very enjoyable.
On Valentine's Day, I was in clinical all day. I spent the first half of the day in Mother/ Baby and got to take care of some new moms as well as do newborn assessments, which was sooooo much fun. In the afternoon, I went over to the prenatal clinic area, and I followed the ultrasonographers (the people who do ultrasounds) around. I got to see several ultrasounds, and I was amazed at the skill it takes to interpret what you see on the screen. I loved watching the parents' faces as they saw their baby on the screen for the first time, even if you could hardly tell what was being shown, and their reactions to finding out the gender of their baby(s).
After clinical BJ picked me up, and he surprised me with a big beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card! He also made a delicious dinner for us- very nice, just like in my avatar picture! We will continue to celebrate Valentine's Day next weekend, when we are going to a marriage retreat up in the canyon. We have done this around Valentine's Day for the last two years, and it has become a really fun tradition for us. We stay a night and they provide some catered meals for us, a marriage seminar, and cross country skiing. We have enjoyed this every year we have gone.
This week we decided we couldn't stand our television any longer (the speakers have gone out) so we looked online and bought a used television on craigslist for quite a low price. It turned out to be a nicer and bigger TV than we were expecting... we are going to be rearranging the furniture in our living room anyway, so this will be one more thing to take into account. We have a lot of furniture, and very little space in our apartment! It's kind of cozy though!
On Friday night, we went to our stake's Sweetheart Dance. I borrowed a formal dress from my sister, and BJ dressed up too (we were matching- wearing black- very dramatic.) and we danced the night away! It has been such a long time since we went dancing, and I almost forgot how much fun it is! There was a photographer there taking pictures of couples, and our pictures are supposed to be emailed to us. I'll have to post our picture if it comes anytime soon.
This morning BJ played racquetball with some people in our ward, and I studied to take a test which I have no idea how I did on. :( This afternoon we had a "cousin party" with my mom's side of the family. It was nice to see many of my cousins that I have not seen in a long time. We had a talent show and dinner, and visited with family. Most of my cousins have children of their own, some of them the ages of my siblings. It was fun to see how much they have all grown.
I am really looking forward to President's Day... mostly because I get to "skip" my busiest school day and have a chance to catch up! Unfortunately BJ still has to work, so we won't get to spend the day together, but maybe I will be able to do some stuff for school or hang out with my sister Marissa or something. Maybe laundry...
Well, I wrote way more than I thought I would; I guess we did a few things this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you take the time to do dating things while you have time--I mean without the worry of babysitters! Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you also had a good time at your clinicals also. Look forward to seeing you at Dani and Kirk's later today. Have a good week! Mom Taylor

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to talk to you more about your experiences at the hospital! Sounds fun. I'm so glad that you and BJ make so much time for each other. It really is important to do that in our busy lives!