Thursday, April 05, 2012

Oh, Hi!

Oh yeah, I have this blog.  Sometimes I forget about it.

Anyway, I need to do better about remembering it, because everyday I think to myself, "I should write that down... I'll probably remember it though.  Hmm, what was that funny thing that happened yesterday?"

Nothing extremely funny happened today... just the usual types of stuff, but I had better write that down in case one day I can't remember what was normal when Gabe and Luke were 3 and almost 2.

Luke got very upset with me today as soon as he realized he was hungry, and started "bossing" me around: "Mommy, I want to eat!  I want wunch.  Wight now Mommy!  Stand up now!  Go!  I wanta eat wunch!"

When he needed a diaper change, I asked him if he was poopy, and he said, "No, I don't want a diaper change, I just clean, Mommy.  It's play time."

When I handed Luke a toy he was struggling to reach, he took it and said, with gusto, "Oh, tank you, Mommy!"

Gabe is also very good about saying thank you, and he will often add "Good job pouring the milk, Mommy, you did that so great!"

When I told Gabe it was almost naptime today, he at first said "No, I don't want a nap!"  But then started saying, "Mom, is it night time?"  I told him it wasn't night time, but it was sleep time, to which he responded, "Oh, ok Mom, but I a-better eat a snack first, and then take a nap.  Maybe playtime first."

Gabriel is especially fascinated with my sewing machine and serger, which are off limits, but he gets into anyway.  If (when) I catch him opening little doors and turning little dials, I give him a little reminder by saying "What are the rules?"  and he will say "Don't play with Mommy's 'chines!  But I just want to close this door, Mom.  Can you close it for me?"


We just got back in town from Tayler and Heather's wedding.  We were so glad we could make it.  It was a crazy trip, but we all had a good time.  We didn't actually get to see much of Tayler or Heather, but I guess there will be time enough for that.  Heather is "Hedder" to Gabe and "Heddow" to Luke, and a princess to both of them since they saw her in her wedding dress.

While we were in Washington for the wedding, we were able to stop by and visit BJ's grandparents.  We only had about 2 hours with them (plus 4 hours of driving) but we made the most of it, the kids were pretty good, and I am so glad we were able to have that time with them.

Speaking of that trip, I wrote about the crazy part of the journey and the tender mercies we experienced as a result on my other blog.  Read about it here.

No comments: