Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Brotherly Love

This morning as I was getting the boys changed and dressed, I laid Luke down in Gabe's room while it was Gabe's turn to be dressed.  The boys are always aware of each other inasmuch as Luke watches Gabe's every move, and Gabe likes to know where Luke is, what he is doing, and he likes helping him be happy and entertaining him.  Anyway, when Gabe was done, he became absorbed in playing with his toys in his room, and I took Luke out into the front room with me.  A little bit later, I was blow drying my hair, and I heard crying.  I quickly turned off the blowdryer, and found Gabe who was crying in his room.  I asked him what was wrong, and he sobbed "Luke... where Luke?!"  Relieved that he wasn't hurt, I took Gabe by the hand and we went to the front room, where he was able to see for himself that Luke was doing just fine, at which point he went back to playing and all was well.

5 comments:

Jamie and Justin said...

Let's hope this was the worst crisis of the day ;)

Mustang Suzie said...

Awww so sweet. He is a very tender hearted little boy!

Catherine said...

That is so sweet! They are going to have so much fun together - all of their lives!

Anna said...

oh man thats darling. so cute! love those boys! :)

Ashley said...

So sweet. Tender hearted little guy, he noticed the absence of his brother. You have a great family, Rochelle.