Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Happy September!

Every September, I feel that mix of sadness at summer coming to an end, and excitement about all things fall. Thinking of all the things that were on my summer- to- do list, and exploring all the possibilities of fun activities yet to try. I am excited for the leaves to change colors and the weather to cool down a bit. I can't help but imagine the smell of crayons, erasers, and freshly sharpened pencils (I might just take a little walk down the aisles at Office Depot for fun). It almost makes me long for school days again. Almost. September also reminds me of canning peaches, immunizations, eating tomatoes, and packing sack lunches with apples and peanut butter sandwiches on homemade bread (notice a food theme there?). But I digress.
With the beginning of September, I have scaled back my work hours a bit, so I am only working 8 hours a week now. It is nice to be able to spend more time with Gabriel. Speaking of Gabe, he is cutting his 13-16th teeth right now, two of which are molars. Poor kid. He also has a cold this morning. In addition, he has to sleep in his pack and play, because we took his crib back to Target last weekend (it was recalled) and we haven't had a chance to get a new crib for him yet.
On the docket for today: naps, sorting through piles and piles of papers, sewing some new pants for Gabe, possibly even making my bed. Ha.

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

We definitely need to get out in the crisp autumn air (when it occurs) :-). I love it too--it's my favorite time of the year. Maybe a ride on the Sundance tram would be fun! I have noticed a slight change in the air, a smell or something that suggests Fall is not that far away!

camsoupa said...

Rochelle,

What a fun blog! Marissa just got in contact with me and I realized how long it's been since we've seen each other... especially seeing how big Gabe is! Wow- talk about a cute head of hair! I just started this blog business, so it might be a little easier to keep in touch. Cambell and I had our baby 2 months ago and all is going well; it's fun (and crazy busy) being a mom! Lets all get together sometime soon and catch up!
-Rebecca

Whitney said...

I'd gladly walk down any school supply store isle with you! :P